The Personal History of David Copperfield (9th Oct)
Time & Location
About the Event
The life of David Copperfield is chronicled from his birth to now. David has an idyllic life and is taken to visit the family of his nanny Peggoty (Daisy May Cooper) in their boat house in Yarmouth. When he returns, his young and widowed mother Clara (Morfydd Clark) has married the sinister and cruel Mr. Murdstone (Darren Boyd), who beats the boy. The abused David Copperfield (Dev Patel) is sent to work in Murdstone's factory where he lodges with Mr. Micawber (Peter Capaldi) and his family, who are pursued by their creditors. After being told of his mother's death and funeral, David escapes from his life of drudgery and finds his wealthy aunt Betsey Trotwood (Tilda Swinton) and her lodger, the eccentric Mr. Dick (Hugh Laurie). After troubling problems with Steerforth (Aneurin Barnard) and Uriah Heep (Ben Whishaw), Betsey Trotwood finances David’s ambition to become a gentleman and author.
For more information, including a full cast list and reviews, go to: https://www.moviola.org/films/
Wylye Valley Cinema will be following the government COVID-19 guidelines for community events and cinemas, including social distanced seating, managed entry and exit, and online bookings and online payment only (no walk-ins). In line with government regulations and indoor spaces we will be advising everyone to wear face coverings, and no refreshments will be served.
BOOKING AND ARRANGEMENTS We want to keep you safe and ensure that you can enjoy a much needed evening out. And we know you will understand that we need to comply with the latest Covid 19 Prevention Guidelines for Community Venues and Village Halls. So please note the following conditions :
- Booking is now totally online - you will not be admitted unless you have booked a seat . Please go to www.artsinthelangfords.com and book your seat . All tickets are £5.00
- Capacity will be limited to 25 per performance
- All films will start at 1930 and doors will now open at 1915 .
- We will be asking you to queue outside respecting social distancing before taking your seat for the film.
- Everyone will be asked to sanitise their hands on entry to the hall - this will be available
- We will be asking you to sit in 'household' bubbles or as a single person. Seats will be 1m-2m apart
- There will be no socialising before the showing and no refreshments available
- You will be asked to wear a face covering in line with current government guidelines
- Please do not attend if you feel unwell ,have been in contact with anyone who has been unwell or been in contact with anyone with Covid 19
We thank you for your support and we look forward to welcoming you back !
- David Copperfield (9th Oct)£5£50£0